Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Comets: email deliverability and a couple of announcements

Hi everyone,

 

  • I'll be at a high school tournament game on Friday night and so will miss practice.  Joe will be there and Kevin may be as well but I'm sending this out before I've heard back to confirm.  I'll also be missing the Wednesday night practice.  Sorry.  I hope that will be it for a while.
  • Please remember to get me a copy of your daughter's birth certificate at your earliest convenience. I have Sara, Cara, Meghan, and Lexi so far.
  • I have an info packet about the state tournament.  I got it some players on Monday night.  I'll bring copies to the game this weekend.
  • I've been checking the Barre Youth Hockey website but haven't yet found the game schedule.  We'll get it to you as soon as it's available.
  • I received this email at my office from the company we use to send our email.  I think it may explain why some people have been having trouble getting my emails. Again, I've started posting every email to a team blog so you can always check there.  It's at www.CometsGirlsHockey.blogspot.com.
Yahoo customers experienced email deferrals as a result of some internal configuration changes within the Yahoo network. Our understanding is that the configuration changes were made because Yahoo was the victim of an attack, and the configuration changes were made in reaction to the attack.  We just learned yesterday afternoon that Yahoo did install new code on a number of their MTAs and that the implementation didn't seem to "go well." Yahoo has asked us to "hold tight" while they work toward a resolution of the issue. However, without Yahoo making additional changes, if you send to Yahoo addresses you may experience deferrals or non-delivery.
 
That's all for now,
Ed
 

No comments: