Whew! Today I went to the best hockey game I saw all season. In the locker room before these two playoff games I told them that while it's fun to win, winning and losing don't matter. What matters is that you have no regrets, that you play to the best of your ability, so they never have to wonder "what if ..." I would say we played no-regret hockey today. The girls left everything they had on the ice and I could not possibly be prouder of them. I could go on and on, but that's what our party next weekend is for. For now, it was a wonderful end (and, yes, I know we didn't win) to a wonderful season. I'm so proud of the effort our daughters made today. They are winners.
End of season party at the Williamson's this coming Saturday, April 5 at 6:00 pm. All are welcome -- players, parents, and siblings.
Sandy (Coburn) and Ellen will take care of the main course. Please let me know what you would like to contribute (expect 35-40 people). We could use the following:
- Paper goods -- 1 (sturdy plates, plasticware, cups, napkins)
- Drinks -- 2 people to bring water and soft drinks
- Green salads -- 2
- Chips/snacks/dips -- 1
- Desserts -- 3
Daughter/family game: Finally, I wanted to mention that we are on for the Friday, April 11 game at 6:00 at Natick. We're going to warm up with some relay races and other games and then spend the last half of the time scrimmaging. This is open to all players, parents, and siblings. I know Sarah G has a conflict, I'm sorry to say (although I'm sure we've got room for Becca in my car -- let me know Deb). Please let me know who will be attending so I have a rough idea of numbers.
Coach Joe -- will you be between the pipes on the parent side?
No comments:
Post a Comment